Dear Woolen Mills Neighbors,
On behalf of the WMNA Board we’d like to invite you to participate in the 2017 WM T-Shirt Design Contest!
Below are the rules and other information you need to create and submit your entry for the contest. Even if you don’t submit a design you can still play a very important role by helping select the winning design! The winner will be decided by an online form in which each neighbor can make a selection. The design with the most votes wins! The T-shirt will be available at the summer picnic for a suggested donation of $15.00.
Create a design to appear on the 2017 Woolen Mills neighborhood T-shirt.
GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Open to all ages
- Must live or own property in Woolen Mills
- Your design must be inspired by our diverse and beautiful neighborhood Woolen Mills
- Your design should include the text “Woolen Mills”
- Collaboration amongst neighbors is encouraged, so you may submit your entry as a group; however the prize is the same whether submitted individually or as a group
- Your design can only be on the front of the t-shirt
- You may submit up to three designs, but they must be submitted as separate entries
- Your design may contain a maximum of one color (black)
- Design should not exceed 8 1/2” x 11” inches
- It is best to create your design using a professional design program. If using Photoshop or other paint programs, then design must be no less than 600 dpi at 8 1/2″ x 11″ in dimension
- If using Illustrator or Corel Draw, no dpi is required
- If design is hand-drawn it must be scanned and converted into a PDF file
- Your submission should be a PDF file no larger than 10 MB. If you win, we will ask you for the high-resolution files
- All designs must be original, but if you have an idea and want to work with an artist outside the neighborhood you may do so as long as it is your idea and you appropriately credit the artist
- Artists guarantee that they hold rights to the images they use and that their designs do not contain any copyrighted material.
All entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. on April 1, 2017. All entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “WM T-shirt Entry”. Please submit the following information along with your design: Name, Age, Address, Artist name (if not self).
PRIZE: Most importantly your design will be featured on the 2017 Woolen Mills T-shirt! You will also receive a $25 gift card for Firefly and a $80 gift card for Rivanna River Company! The winner will be announced and posted on http://woolenmillsneighborhood.org/ and the Woolen Mills Facebook page.